|Remuneration:||R8000 – R13000 per month cost for business|
|Site:||Stellenbosch, technology park|
|Remote work:||Not applicable|
Objective of the role
The Web Developer designs, develops, builds and optimizes web development structures within Lumico and for its clients. The incumbent accepts responsibility for front-end, back-end, and IT infrastructure to ensure customers have an easy-to-use, visually appealing web-based solution that meets their unique needs.
1.1. Internal structures
- Proactively lead communication with the community management team to obtain sufficient information from the client regarding their needs and case details.
- Receive and clarify customer information/needs through an appropriate system as well as direct engagement with the community management team.
1.2. Web development
- Develop modern and new features for users.
- Build/write code.
- Ensure technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Develop functional, brand-relevant and engaging mobile apps and websites.
- Support front-end maintenance and enhancements and perform integrations.
- Use a combination of industry markup languages to write web pages.
- Maintain graphic standards and brand image throughout the product interface.
- Promote best usability practices.
- Optimize the app/web for maximum speed and scalability.
- Design and implement contingency plans in case of application/website failure.
1.3. Communication, liaison and team synergy
- Regularly communicate project progress to the community management team.
- Maintain the feedback loop with the community management team to ensure alignment with strategy and client needs.
- Make sure the client has a clear understanding of all the website development steps that will be taken during the life of the project.
1.4. Final product
- Create quality mockups and prototypes under tight deadlines.
- Create reusable and consistent Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) across all browsers and platforms.
- Server management and maintenance.
- Assist and support in the upkeep and maintenance of websites
Research and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and competitors to ensure business relevance.
- Research and propose software compatible with future technologies.
- Stay up to date with market trends and learn new programming, languages, frameworks and technologies.
- Take ownership and focus on delivering unique, high-quality work results.
- Provide support and be a reliable team player.
- Provide feedback, share ideas and foster good working relationships.
- Demonstrate openness and willingness to learn on the job.
- Adopt and demonstrate the company’s key behaviors.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures.
- The Web Developer reports to the Lead Web Developer.
- Perform any other reasonable duties required by the company.
- Travel may be required.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or relevant fields.
- Previous experience working with a database system such as Oracle or SQL (advantageous).
- Previous experience in web servers (advantageous).
- Previous experience in AWS web servers (advantageous).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead time.
- A problem solver.
- Demonstrate the ability to know what the client needs and educate them accordingly.
- The ability to listen.
- Above average written and verbal communication.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and articulate them clearly.
- Lateral and creative thinker.
- Attention to detail.
- Business acumen.
- Team player.
- Quick learner.
Posted Feb 11 12:11, Closing date April 12