|Remuneration:||cost to the company|
|Personal transportation required:||Yes|
|Employment policy:||Employment equity position|
|Society:||Primedia Diffusion Recruiter|
Key objective of the position
Handles all elements of the video pre-production, production, and post-production process, including planning, shooting, and editing. Ensures projects are held to a high creative standard, delivered on time and on budget.
Main results / responsibility
- Generate ideas, create and deliver quality video output according to business strategy.
- Concept development and video editing of branded content
- Produce storyboards or lists of shots and basic scripts, as part of pre-production
- Develop production schedules if necessary
- Lead the team on video production projects as needed
- Facilitate small-scale shoots independently
- Create content promotions for airwaves and social media
- Create visual effects using Adobe After Effects as needed
- Work with relevant departments to create and deliver video content that will create audiences on air and online, and content to help elicit response from our advertisers.
- Work autonomously and as a team to establish project deliverables
- Support the video production manager in the tasks assigned to the department for internal or commercial purposes
- Make recommendations and provide insight to the production manager to improve mission effectiveness of all content.
- Manage and archive the video library
- Keep the business at the forefront in the audiovisual space.
- Support and make recommendations for best production practices.
- Research and propose new technology and equipment to keep the video unit up to date and fashionable
- Ment and guide more junior team members
- Compliance and preparation of all content to be broadcast as needed
- Supervise, guide and mentor video content producers within the team.
Suitable candidates will be selected in accordance with Primedia Broadcasting’s employment equity policy. Correspondence will only be conducted with selected candidates. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application as rejected.
Send your detailed CV to [email protected]> b with the subject line “Sr. VCP â. The deadline for submitting applications is 07 December 2021.
- Diploma, certificate or degree in television / cinema / audiovisual studies
- 5Five years + in the video production industry
- Camera technical experience
- Extensive editing experience in Adobe Premiere
- Visual storytelling expertise
- Photoshop experience
- After Effects a stronger
- Live viewing and broadcast mixing experience is a big plus
- Knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Manage several projects and work well as a team
- Execute projects from initial brief to final product
- Understanding of codecs, sequence settings, and export formats
- Understanding of the business media environment
- Good understanding of the digital environment and social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Livestream, Twitter and Instagram
- communication skills
- Personal skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Conceptualization skills
- Prioritization skills
- Video production and editing skills
- Ability to direct talent on camera with or without script
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Takes good direction and constructive criticism
- Ability to persuade and guide
- Results oriented
- Willing to work long and irregular hours
- An attitude “if it has to be, it depends on me”
- Willingness to learn new software and equipment
Posted on 02 Dec. 17:50, Closing date 9 Dec.